Please be aware in advance that:
Although JAXA has taken every care to manage the Site, JAXA assumes no responsibility regarding the safety of the contents of the Site or the reliability of information provided on the Site. JAXA is not responsible to you for any damage that may be caused by the use of the Site and/or the information on the Site.
JAXA may change or delete the information on the Site, or may suspend or terminate the operation of the Site without any prior notice. JAXA is not responsible to you for any inconvenience that may be caused by such changes or deletion of the information, or by such suspension or termination of the operation of the Site.
In the site you can use both HTTP and HTTPS protocols. But you should aware that you have the risk to be peeked out your account/password by other person. Therefore you must use HTTP protocol by your own responsibility. In case of using HTTP protocol JAXA is not responsible to you for leak of your account/password and also any damage caused by the leak.
(1) Scope of Use
All materials, including texts, drawings, images, published on the Site (the "Materials"), which providers are stated, and the copyrights therein are the property of the providers.
Unless otherwise stated, the Materials and the copyrights therein are the property of JAXA, and the Materials are protected in Japan and internationally by copyright laws and international copyright treaties. When you use the Materials, you are requested to comply with the conditions stipulated by JAXA.
It is to be noted that, under copyright laws, you may use the Materials without obtaining permission of the copyright holder to the extent that your use is for disaster management, and/or scientific/educational and/or private purposes.
When you use the Materials for the purposes as mentioned above, you are requested to comply with the conditions of use set forth in the paragraph (2) below pursuant to copyright laws.
Your use of the Materials for business or commercial purposes without the prior permission of the copyright holder is strictly prohibited. If you wish to use the Materials for such business or commercial purposes, please be sure to contact us for prior permission at:
Sentinel Asia Project Office
Satellite Applications and Operations Center (SAOC)
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
You are strictly prohibited to use the Materials published on the Site for any of the following acts for any reason whatsoever:
- Acts of supporting and/or promoting, or slandering and/or defaming the activity of a specific person/group/organization;
- Acts which are conducted for the purpose of or in a manner offending public order and morals;
- Acts which are likely to cause misunderstanding about JAXA's and/or JPT members' operations and/or their activities; or
- Acts which are likely to damage JAXA's and/or JPT members' image and/or reputation, or to infringe upon the rights of a specific person and/or organization (Please be aware that these acts also include an act of pretending or misleading people into believing that a certain achievement published on the Site (including academic theses) is your achievement you.)
(2) Conditions of Use
(Indication of Source)
When you use the Materials on the Site, you are requested to indicate their source in such a manner as designated by JAXA, for example, "Provided by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)" or "Courtesy of JAXA". If space is limited, shorter versions of the indication such as "Provided by JAXA" or "JAXA" are acceptable.
Some of the Materials may be owned and provided by an other organization or jointly owned by an other organization and JAXA. As long as the source of the Materials is specified on the Site, you are requested to indicate the said source (i.e. "Provided by ISRO" or "Provided by GISTDA/JAXA"
(Modification of Data)
No modification is allowed to any of the Materials, except for a modification needed for indicating their source. The act of "modification" includes, but not limited to, acts of trimming a drawing, image, voice data or video data (for example, an act of changing the ratio of height and length of an image, cropping part of an image, or mounting an image inside another image that seriously undermines the original image etc.), changing colors, and turning over an image.
(3) Improper Use
(4) Linking to Third-party Sites
(5) Linking to the Sites
Conditions for Linking:
Basically, you are free to create links to the Site as long as any link to the Site is clearly identified as being a link to the Site on your site. JAXA, however, does not allow any of the following links:
- A link which seems to support and/or promote, or slander and/or defame the activity of a specific person/group/organization;
- A link which is created for the purpose of offending or in a manner to offend public order and morals;
- A link which is likely to cause misunderstanding about JAXA's and/or JPT members' operations and/or their activities;
- A link which is likely to damage JAXA's and/or JPT members' image and/or reputation, or to infringe on the rights of a specific person and/or organization; or
- A link by which the contents of the Site look like part of a linking website of a third party (the so-called "Framing"; for example, a link is created in a manner that incorporates the content of the Site into the frame on the linking website.)
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at Sentinel Asia Project Office.
The banner below for links:
JAXA prepares the banner below for links to the Site. This banner is exclusively for the purpose of establishing a link to the Site.
(6) Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
Collecting Users Information:
JAXA may collect and store information and data of the Users with which an individual may be identified, when the Users ask questions and so on. Possible collected/stored personal information and data include name, address, name of company or school, position, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and personal history in case of employment application.
The Scope of the Use of Collected Information:
JAXA stores, uses, and analyzes collected information/data of the Users with which an individual may be identified in the scope of JAXA activities. Among the information/data, JAXA can use those which an individual can be identified with by abiding by the appropriate clauses of this Private Policy.
Disclosure of Collected Information/Data:
JAXA does not disclose collected information/data of the Users, especially those which an individual can be identified with to any third parties intentionally except for the following three cases.
- When disclosure is requested based on legitimate reasons or explanations.
- When JAXA acquires the prior consent from an individual concerning the disclosure of his/her information/data to a third party.
- When JAXA discloses information/data of a User to a person who is in charge of providing requested data or materials to that User within the scope for the person in charge to perform his/her responsibility.
JAXA takes all possible and rational measures to avoid accidental leakage of the collected information/data to third parties.
JAXA takes rational security measures to prevent loss, leakage, misuse, falsification, and demolition of the collected information/data from the Users with which an individual can be identified. However, please be aware that it is impossible to guarantee the absolute protection of the information/data despite our utmost security measures.
JAXA stores the access log and record of the Users including their IP addresses. An individual can not be identified by an IP address. JAXA uses the recorded access log through the Website only for statistical and analytical purposes for finding access trends and number of access or for troubleshooting when a problem arises in the JAXA server. The statistical and analytical results are used for better management and service of the Website for the future by acquiring access trends of the Users.
This page is designed to be user friendly, so that our information is accessible to as many people as possible.
This page is formatted with HTML 4.01 Transitional (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets Level 2 (CSS2). This site uses dynamic HTML (DHTML).
Some Web browsers may not display elements formatted with Cascading Style Sheets as intended. Whether you are using a text browser (Lynx, w3m, etc.), a voice-guided browser such as Home Page Reader, or a browser that displays information on a Braille bar, most likely you can adjust your settings to handle the formatting appropriately to your visual needs.
Browser versions older than Netscape Navigator 3 and Internet Explorer 2 do not support Cascading Style Sheets. Versions lower than Netscape Navigator 4 and Internet Explorer 5.5 do not fully validate the styles formatted with CSS.
If your browser does not validate CSS, or if CSS validation is turned off, styles may be displayed in a significantly different way than intended, or part of the menu bar may as a pop-up. However, the CSS validation status of your browser does not limit the use of information provided on this site.
This page is optimized for Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3. Please use these browsers if possible.
Sentinel Asia temporally defined following operation policies:
- take responsibility for posting a message to social media.
- take care of avoiding misleading, a sense of discomfort to others.
- decline comment on individual information.
©Copyright 2009 Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, All Rights Reserved.