The 4th Joint Project Team Meeting (JPTM) for Sentinel Asia STEP-2
The 4th Joint Project Team Meeting (JPTM) for Sentinel Asia STEP-2 jointly organized by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), United Nations Economic and Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), the National Space Agency (ANGKASA), and National Security Council (MKN), successfully concluded on 14 July 2011. There were 82 participants representing 54 organizations.
Series of items were confirmed including the followings during the meeting.
- Sentinel Asia Step2 is steadily achieving its goal.
- After completion of ALOS operation, contribution from other DPN members and new satellites are hoped, and further collaboration with the International Charter was confirmed.
- New Working Group (WG), Tsunami WG, was agreed to initiate.
- Preparations for Step3 starting from 2013 is pressing matter.
Introduction of New Members
- Agency for the Assessment and Application Technology (BPPT) joined February, 2011.
- National Central University (NCU) joined April, 2011.
- MEETING DETAILS -
©Copyright 2010 Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, All Rights Reserved.