The 3rd Joint Project Team Meeting for Sentinel Asia Step2
The 3rd Joint Project Team Meeting for Sentinel Asia Step2 was held at the Hyatt Hotel Manila in the Philippines, from 6 to 8 July 2010. It was jointly organized by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) and Philippine Council for Advanced Science and Technology Research and Development, Department of Science Technology (PCASTRD, DOST). There were 71 participants representing 36 organizations from 5 International Organizations and 22 countries.
Series of items were confirmed including the followings during the meeting.
- There were modifications in some sections of the TOR, JPT members, Node membership, Responsibility and Operation. The revised TOR was uploaded on the website.
- National Applied Research Laboratory (NARL) was admitted as a new data provider node and this makes it possible to expand the capability to correspond in case of emergency observation request.
- Regarding collaboration with IDC, Sentinel Asia can escalate EOR to the IDC in the Sentinel Asia framework and number of satellites which correspond to EOR will be improved by this collaboration.
- JAXA welcomes proposals of utilization of QZSS from JPT members.
- Taiwan: National Applied Research Laboratory (NARL), joined March, 2010.
- Malaysia: National Space Agency of Malaysia (ANGKASA), on the process of the participation.
- China: China Earthquake Administration (CEA), joined June 2010.
- MEETING DETAILS -
©Copyright 2010 Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, All Rights Reserved.